New Pc

Computer builds, hardware and software discussion or troubleshooting, including peripherals. Essentially a general place to talk about desktop computers.
jryan

New Pc

Post by jryan »

Hey All,

I don't know why, but I felt I should recommend to those who are still on SDRAM to, where possible, update your motherboard to DDR. I would recommend this if your sys feels sluggish or you are having problems with your motherboard. I finally got around to finishing my PC today (got a whole slew of parts) and the DDR coupled with an Asus A7V333 Motherboard makes it all worthwhile. I know I'm bragging and rambling, but who doesn't brag when they get a new PC?

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:83, old post ID:220
Didi

New Pc

Post by Didi »

ain't it great :awesome: congrats on puter B) my last 2 boxes have ddr! I just finished mine it has the P4 3.06 I put PC3200 1024mb in it whoo hoo!! 120 gig WD maybe should've went with Maxtor time will tell ;) anyway congrats ;) have you taken it to the pit to shake it down yet?(test) I just tested mine all checkers with exception of internet which is common with satellite got yellow ping latency you know the drill :( well enjoy new toy ;) tc,

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:83, old post ID:241
Red Squirrel

New Pc

Post by Red Squirrel »

DidIdothat wrote: I just finished mine it has the P4 3.06 I put PC3200 1024mb in it whoo hoo!! 120 gig WD
Sounds like my type of server. B) *daydreams....*

Yep, it's so nice to have a new PC. He has the same motherboard as me, so I know exactly how he likes it. When I got my new PC, I was moving from yuck, 450MHz to 1.7Ghz, and the 1.7 is actually more then 2Ghz equivalent to my old one. So basicly, this one is lke 4 times faster. After realizing that I dramaticly decreesed our heating bill, I down clocked to 1.3 and it's still blazing fast, and they heat bill went up a bit but at least I don't wake up sweaty :D :D :D AMDs are *HOT*! :evilsquirrel:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:83, old post ID:247
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Didi

New Pc

Post by Didi »

Hey let me tell ya, when you step into this computer room it's like stepping into the furnace room :eek: they heat this room up :lol: it's amazing how much they put out ;)

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:83, old post ID:253
Red Squirrel

New Pc

Post by Red Squirrel »

Yep. That's for sure. I don't have any vent in my room since my dresser is on it but with the computer on, it's like if the vent was on!

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:83, old post ID:263
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Didi

New Pc

Post by Didi »

right now I have the thermstat turned way down and the rest of the house is cool but in puter room it's toasty :D I spend most of my time in here anyway :biglaugh:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:83, old post ID:274