Iceteks Downsizing

Announcements about the forum or services itself
Red Squirrel

Iceteks Downsizing

Post by Red Squirrel »

I've been considering doing a little downsizing, which may decrease content, but will help increase quality of curent content.

I'm thinking of removing the downloads section which is not really used that much, and also removing the humor section by possibly adding a humor forum instead (though humor and stuff can go in cool hangout place anyway). With those two sections removed I would then think of a new section to be added. Perhaps the cybervillage could be linked to from the whole site, and I can make it so guests can access it (but it would be read only).

Also I want to rewrite the news validation script since the curent one sucks - can't edit news, so any invalid junk the bot can't understand is just deleted. Lot of sites still don't know how to send half decent formatted emails so to their disadvantage, automated processes don't understand them. So with this better news script validation feature I can fix these and let them threw anyway. also I want to make that script more secure and rely on my administrative logon rather then a plain text password being sent via a HTTP GET. That was bad on my part when I made that script. :lol:

So just wondering what everyone thinks of this downsizing, since loosing two sections will be taking a big chunk out of the site, but then again they're hardly used/updated anyway. Before I make my decision I'll have to analyse the traffic these pages get.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3934, old post ID:32215
Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
Death

Iceteks Downsizing

Post by Death »

Probably a good idea to cut off a bit of the stuff. Makes less stuff to update. The humour section can easily be added to the cool hangout place. Just make a thread for it (Like the funny picture thread). That way, not only will people be able to view the humour page better, but people will be able to add more stuff. :awesome:

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3934, old post ID:32220
jryan

Iceteks Downsizing

Post by jryan »

I'm in agreement with the downsizing... let's get back to quality over quantity.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3934, old post ID:32248
jellyfish

Iceteks Downsizing

Post by jellyfish »

I have a download site which you can use to link stuff up if you want. I never use it and it's been in maintenance mode since- well ages.

Archived topic from Iceteks, old topic ID:3934, old post ID:32250